19th of May 2012
MARR Orphans Educational Programme 2012
Since MARR has started in 1985/06/08 in Mannar District Their main objective is to Cater the different needs of the Vulnerable School going children, Higher level Education, Vocational Training, Capacity building in Various field. Conduct Special catch up classes to GCE O/L & GCE A/L etc.
By doing these services MARR had helped more than three thousand deserving students in the last 26 years,
The few activities of our yearly programme are as follows;
- Most deserving Resettled students were given school stationeries in the selected AGA/DS area schools, by these around 650 children benefited in 2012 January.
- Orphan students 85, One parent Children 34, are given Monthly bursaries ranging from Rs,250/ to 500/= According to their grade,
- 18 Students are following University carrier in the Eight faculties in Srilanka for them monthly bursaries are given.
- Vocational Training is conducted to the Girls ,School leavers for Six Months full day Tailoring course, so far 76 batches have been conducted in 48 villages. This year we have conducted at Thevanpiddy Fishing village & going to start another at Eachalawakkai ,Periyamadhu area in the Manthai West AGA division to 25 students.
- Also we have a plan to conduct Special Pre exam Classes to GCE O/L & GCE A/L students with the help of Dept of Education from Mannar & Madhu zone. Here the Most important subjects will be taught by lecture method in the School Auditorium for a full day to 500 to 1000 students, who are going to sit for this year. The well learned Teachers from Jaffna, Vavuniya & Colombo will deliver the lectures. We had a good experience in the past. And we are looking for well wishers, funders to assist in this programme please.
The well learned Teachers from Jaffna, Vavuniya & Colombo will deliver the lectures.
We had a good experience in the past. And we are looking for well wishers, funders to assist in this programme please.
On 19th of May 2012 MARR had called Initially 65 Orphans students & their guardians to their Field Street Office . The Secretary, Education Officer, Data entry officer review their second Term progress and each student is paid Rs, 2,000/= for their educational assistance.
We are happy that 62% of the children are having good progress and 20% of them are average and 18% are very low. We advise them for a catch up programme by giving special coaching in the weak subjects by a teacher at home or school.
We are happy from this orphans batch three students are entering to the university & 12 children are selected to follow GCE A/L Exam. Out of them 80% are arts and commerce scheme and 20 % are Science scheme.
Many guardians spent the token allowances in purchasing Students practical work items, tuition fees, buying push cycle, shoes, Uniform etc.
We will be very happy if any well wishers donate 50 push cycles to these deserving children out of them 70% ladies bike & rest gents bike pl.
Few photos are annexed for your perusal please.
- The MARR Education Officer review the term Progress -6139 & 6144
- The Guardians with the children – 6140
- The Children are getting their Educational allowance Rs, 2,000/= – 6142
- The Data entry Officer Screen the students progress mostly their Term report and Class Teacher comments. – 6143
- The Secretary & Admin Officer Review the student’s educational progress & give necessary advices for better future – 6145 & 6149
- Few beneficiaries who received cash – 6151
- Daily activities of Relief work to the destitute. – 6150
- The Donner Mr.Moues with the Orphans children .He visits every year & hand over Donation directly – 4663 & 4664
- 8; The President Rev Fr Xavier Croos review the first term progress with the Secretary Mr.Sinclair Peter during January 2012 – 5414 & 5417
- 9; The Orphans Education Funder Mr. Moues with the MARR Committee members on his visit in 2011 December.
Rev Fr. Xavier Croos President MARR Mannar Association for Relief & Rehabilitation No. 17, Field Street , Mannar , Sri Lanka . E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Official)
Mr. Peter Sinclair, General Secretary, Mannar Association for Relief & Rehabilitation No. 17 Field Street, Mannar, Sri Lanka. Mobile: 0094 (0) 77-2131-652 E-Mail: email@example.com (Personal) firstname.lastname@example.org (Official)